EDICIA is an International Public Safety solution specialist: common risk prevention and the protection of people in public spaces are the two major issues for security officials today and in the years to come. To confront such a vast problem, with the support of public authorities and consultation with elected officials, law enforcement leaders, public safety officers, and technology experts, EDICIA has created unique next generation software solutions to meet the ever-increasing need for prevention, control, and security in urban environments (buildings and public spaces, public transport, parking management, etc.).
EDICIA headquarters is based in Nantes (FRANCE) and is the leader in the French market with more than 1000 agencies trusting our solutions. With many customers in Europe and the Middle East, the company is currently developing activities in North America with a headquarters in Denver, Colorado. With our new Operations Management System (OMS) solutions being greatly sought after by law enforcement agencies in the US, Edicia will become one of the more important companies in the U.S. market in the coming years.
To support its growth in North America, EDICIA is looking for a Service Operations Engineer.
After comprehensive training, as a Service Operations Engineer, you will be part of the client-facing service team. Working with mission critical organizations, you will be in charge of:
- Implementing the EDICIA solution in EDICIA’s Cloud.
- Training our new customers.
- Solving EDICIA’s technical challenges:
- Be a first line support, working closely with the second line support
- Be a core member of the team in charge of maintaining the technical knowledge base and technical documentation
- Work together with our developers to solve and prevent future issues.
You will be a front-line firefighter and a system builder, making sure all the valuable information from the customers is being heard and turned into action.
Skills and Requirements
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience in a software related field.
- 2 + years experience with cloud-based provisioning, monitoring, troubleshooting
- Experience in delivering and managing web or cloud-based services.
- Experience with scripting and automated process management via scripting, such as Bash
- Technical experience with IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS technologies
- Virtualisation (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Experience with networking concepts like Routing, SNMP, Web Application
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL databases.
- Administering Unix / Linux
- Experience in customer support and a desire to help others.
- Great people skills, as you will be working together with our customers and end users
- Great problem-solving skills with an ability to detect and solve (communicate) errors in the system.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal/written English and good communication skills in verbal/written French (strongly desired).
- Ability and will to train our customers on EDICIA portfolio, using the materials provided by the EDICIA training team.
EDICIA is a successful global company offering Opportunity, Support, Innovation, and Excitement!