BORDEAUX : solution against parking fraud
Context and issues:
In 2011, Bordeaux, a city that pioneered the electronic parking and traffic violation tickets, chose EDICIA to equip its City Police for the dematerialization of ticketing violations and offense management.
In 2014, the City of BORDEAUX decided to introduce an alternative to payment at the pay-and-display machine: virtual tickets by smartphone.
The deadlines are very short and switching between the two systems had to be done with complete transparency for both the users and the city. et.
- implementation of real-time control of virtual parking payment
- availability of Mobile Office business applications
- a 30% increase in efficiency was observed in the first 3 months of usesur les contrôles dans les 3 premiers mois
The agents started using the new solution overnight, without any impact on their work and no decrease on the city revenue.
Advantages and benefits:
- Revenue increase and improvement of parking payment rate
- Drop in antisocial behavior and fraud
- Streamlining costs
- Time saving and simplicity of data entry
- Drop in error rate
- Light, compact and robust smartphone
- Generation of meaningful statistics with graphical representation on maps
- Real-time management
- Compatible with virtual payment methods, multi-user, newest generation pay-and-display machine, parking spot sensors
- Terminals adapted to the current evolution of French legislation (nationally-processed vs. locally-processed offenses)
- Improved mobility within the City
- Strong incentive to use public transport
- Feeling of equity
- Public tranquility